Here are my thoughts on this: no. Not only no, but hell no! But hey, that’s just me. I’m a little tight fisted when it comes to my money 🙂 All joking aside, I think it would really depend on the situation so I don’t think this can be a blanket “yes” or “no” answer.
Reasons not to loan money to a friend or boyfriend:
- It can cause a rift in the relationship when you see the other person spending money on something stupid after you just gave them your money.
- It can become awkward, what if they don’t pay you back? How will you handle that?
- If you are struggling yourself, you shouldn’t loan money to other people.
Reasons to loan money to a friend or boyfriend:
- A dire emergency where it’s a life or death situation – (even I am not that heartless!).
- You don’t expect to be paid back – that way it won’t become a problem if you don’t get your money.
- You have a clear understanding of how quickly the loan will be repaid.
I’d love to hear what you think about this! Please leave a comment and share your experiences with loaning money to a friend or boyfriend.
Sponsored Link: College Loan Consultant