Sigh. Today was my first Sunday back in the swing of things after moving. I got my paper delivered on Saturday and scanned through the ads. I didn’t see much that I needed this week since every item I own is fresh in my mind after moving. But there was 1 thing I wanted to get at Walgreens. So I got up early and made it to the store around 9 (this particular store opened at 8).
Bare shelves for the item I needed.
Walgreens #2. Same scenario
Walgreens #3. Same scenario.
Now I”m downright pissed. Seriously?
I finally make it to Walgreens #5 and find what I need. But that was only because they have a policy for one transaction per person. Thank goodness, this was the last store I was going to, I was just going to give up!
But really, I have to go to 5 different Walgreens the first morning of a sale to find what I’m looking for? Say it ain’t so! TLC, take these “extreme couponers’ you’ve created and sit them down and explain to them how real couponing works! Those of us that have been doing it FOR YEARS, before it was cool, know the rules. We were all able to play quite nicely with each other before your show came along.
If TLC were to come up with a show on coupon etiquette for all those “extreme couponers” out there, this would be my topic list:
TLC’s Extreme Couponing Etiquette Show Topic List:
- Don’t clear the shelves! If you want more than one item that has a reigster rewards, ECB etc, GO TO DIFFERENT STORES like the rest of us!
- Don’t stand in the aisle with your coupon binder, 5 kids and husband with coupons pouring out of your fists. Get out of the way and let the rest of us look. You rolled your eyes at us years ago when we did it, now we see you do it and it’s not cool. Move over please.
- Don’t clear the shelves! Yes this concept needs reinforced because it applies to each and every one of you who don’t think it applies to you. You won’t get on the show. Just buy what you need and let the rest of us get our share too.
- Don’t ask to do multiple transactions at the same store on a Sunday morning with or without a crowd in the store. Not only is it annoying but you are missing the point of getting a deal. The point is not to piss of Walgreens employees so you are not put out by going to different stores. Use the deal as it’s intended.
- DON’T CLEAR THE SHELVES!!!!
A few months ago, I wrote about this As A Former Extreme Couponer, Even I Get Annoyed With The Big Binders and Multiple Transactions but today just really pissed me off. I couldn’t get ONE item today because the shelves had been cleared!
While I am happy people are finally catching on to coupons, too many people are taking advantage of it and ruining it for the rest of us. If you could tell TLC to do a show on coupon etiquette, what would your topic list be?