Today is part 2 of our 10 part series about making extra money. I love talking about this topic with people and brainstorming ways this can be done. Oftentimes, making at least a little extra money is quite simple to do but for some reason does not come easy for people. Let’s change that!
The point of this series is to help you take small & incremental steps to start earning extra income. Earning extra income can come in many ways (some you might not expect) & some may surprise you!
But before we get to that, if you missed part 1 in this series, Make Extra Money Using Ebates, be sure to check that out before you move on! It’s another simple & easy way to earn extra money for something you are likely already doing (shopping online!).
It can be hard to think outside of the box in your own situation, so that is where I come in. I’m doing this 10 part series on making extra money to help you think outside the box and bring some extra money in.
Once you do that, you’ll be able to use the extra money to build up your emergency fund, pay down debt, give back more or take a vacation (or anything else that excites you). So let’s have fun with this and work together to come up with ideas to make extra money!
In today’s post, we are going to talk about another simple method to make extra money. I’m going to introduce you to a site called Swagbucks
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks.com is a rewards program that gives you free gift cards and cash for the everyday things you already do online. You can earn SB points (Swagbucks points) when you shop at your favorite retailers, watch entertaining videos, search the web, answer surveys and find great deals. From there you can redeem your SB points for gift cards to your favorite retailers like Amazon and Walmart or get cash back from Paypal.
How Does Swagbucks Work?
There are 6 different ways to earn SB points with Swagbucks. Once you earn the points, you are able to convert them to gift cards or cash back via Paypal. Ways to earn SB points include:
- Shop Online – (similar to Ebates that I talked about in Part 1) Cash back shopping at over 1500 retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Starbucks. Earn SB points for every dollar you spend plus get access to exclusive deals and coupons to your favorite retailers. There are over 700 retailers, all offering a SB rebate for every dollar you spend.
- Answer Surveys – Brands want your opinion and you can earn SB points for it. Share your opinions and earn SB points when you answer fun surveys and polls.
- Watch Videos – Entertainment news, cooking techniques/recipes and technology trends are just some of the things you can learn about while watching videos. You will earn SB points for watching playlists put together just for you.
- Discover Offers – Get free gift cards when you check out exclusive deals and offers from well known brands. You earn SB points when you sign up for new services, check out free samples, and more!
- Search the Web – Do you search for things online? Of course, everyone does! Need car insurance? Looking to book a vacation? Interested in signing up for Netflix? By using the SB search engine the way you would any other, you’ll be periodically rewarded with SB search wins. Complete the offers that appeal to you and earn more SB points.
- Play Games – Enjoy playing games online? You can earn SB points when you play games & make in-game purchases, or play original free games and earn randomly.
Why Should I Use Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a very simple way to earn extra money and requires very little effort on your part. You simply use the site to shop, answer surveys or search the web. Got a few extra minutes? Watch a video and earn SB points. Take a look at exclusive offers or play games and earn more SB points. There are lots of options to earn SB points you can cash in later for gift cards or cash.
How Do I Get Started with Swagbucks?
Getting started with Swagbucks is easy! Just go to the Swagbucks website, and enter your email address and password and get started for free!
Referring your friends to Swagbucks is a great way to earn even more SB points! When your friend signs up with your referral link, you earn 10% of whatever they earn, for life! For example, if your friend earns 500 SB points, you earn 50. Referring friends is a great way to quickly build up your SB points.
Pros of Swagbucks
- As I mentioned above, one of the things I really like about Swagbucks is the simplicity of the service. If you already buy things online, play games online or search online, it takes almost no effort on your part to make extra money with this site.
- Having a referral program makes it easy for you to earn additional money from Swagbucks, just don’t forget to use it!
- There are a lot of different ways to earn extra SB, so you don’t have to shop online to earn SB points. You can watch videos, take surveys, search the web and play games and still earn SB points.
- Swagbucks makes it easy if you do most of your shopping from your phone by providing a convenient app for your phone.
- Like with my post in part 1 about Making Extra Money with Ebates, one of the cons I can see with this site is that you can be tempted to buy things you don’t really need with all the offers that are available. Make sure you pay attention to this when browsing the site and set a limit so you don’t buy things you don’t need.
- Taking surveys, watching videos and playing games can be time consuming. You could end up wasting a lot of time online that you normally wouldn’t do. Set a block of time (15-20) where you earn your SB points and then move on to something else so you don’t waste too much time on the site.
- When you shop online, some items will not be eligible to earn SB points. Make sure to check the exclusions before placing your order so you don’t miss out on SB points.
Who Should Use Swagbucks?
Anyone who shops online and wants to earn gift cards or cash back should use Swagbucks. Additionally, if you enjoy watching videos, playing games and taking surveys, Swagbucks is a great site to use to earn SB points towards gift cards & cash back. It’s simple and easy to get started (and free!).
Swagbucks is a quick and easy way to make extra money. It requires very little effort and can provide some extra gift cards or cash back that can accumulate over time. Having the bonus gift cards can be a fun way to earn extra money for something you already do!
What do you think about Swagbucks, will you use this service? Did this review help you in your decision?