One of my favorite websites for cooking (that I refer to often) is the Cook For Good website ran by Linda Watson. Linda makes learning how to cook from scratch fool proof! I got an email from her last week announcing her Cook for Good Challenge, which I am in the process of starting. If you want to learn how to cook from scratch or your just sick of eating the same old thing, I highly recommend you give this a try. Here’s what it’s about:
Do you want to develop the confidence and skill to cook delicious, healthy, seasonal food from scratch on a very low budget—in just two weeks? Would you like to have significant savings to help cover your other expenses or to help others learn to cook healthy food? Then try the Cook for Good Challenge!
- What: Spend one week cooking most of your food from scratch and the next cooking all of it.
- When: July 16 through 29, 2011 for the national kickoff or start your own two weeks any time after that.
- Where: Kitchens everywhere!
- Who: Individual cooks, families, and groups.
- Why: You won’t believe how easy, fun, and delicious it is until you try it. And you’ll rack up the savings, for yourself or to help a charity or good cause.
To get started, you will need to order her Wildly Affordable Organic book that accompanies the challenge. Now don’t roll your eyes and quit reading this just because I told you to order something! The book is currently $11.18 on Amazon and I guarantee if you follow the challenge you will save at least $22.36 (double the price) in your first month.
Even if you don’t feel ready to get started today, make sure you subscribe to the challenge so you can get the updates, then save all the emails in their own folder so when you get the book you can go back and refer to them.
Then come back and leave a comment and let me know how much money you saved!