The Jenny Pincher is 4 Years old today!!! Wow, I can’t believe it’s been that long! But then again, sometimes it seems like it’s been longer!! Haha! For something fun today, I thought I’d look back over the 4 years and show you some of my favorite things about this website that I’ve done along the way.
1. Emailing the Grocery Store – While this is NOT one of my favorite posts, it is the first post that I ever wrote on this site. It’s a good landing point to see how far this blog as come. Please don’t laugh too hard after you read it!
2. The Cooking for One Post – This was a very popular post that I wrote and also posted on Blogher. It got a lot of hits and I got a lot of good feedback. It also got picked up on The Consumerist and that day my site got over 5,000 hits. And then the next day it got hacked!!!! I wanted to cry it was so bad but I actually learned a lot from it. I’m lucky I didn’t have major damage, it’ was mostly just the inconvenience of figuring it all out (I’m still finding little things).
3. Moving – I moved 3 times this year and I’m not even sure I even wrote about it any of those times. I was so out of it and so just completely sick and tired of living disorganized that it was really hard to write during those times!!!
4. Gardening – My gardening posts are actually one of my most favorite things to write about and I was really bummed this year when I didn’t have a garden. I think I’ve had a garden for at least the last 6 years so it really sucked not having one. But I’m already working on my plans for my garden next year and I imagine it will be bigger and better and completely out of control!!!
5. #Fincon11 – In case you missed my post on how the Financial Bloggers Conference saved the blog, it’s probably a good one that is worth reading. I write about my feelings in that one which I rarely do (but I’m trying to get better at)! That conference was a turning point for me and this blog and I’m so excited about where I’m going to take it in the future.
6. Creating my Budget Bootcamp – Wow – was that a process! This 16 week program took awhile to do but I was focused and determined to get it done!! I had a budget bootcamp jingle created and I made a video around that. LOL, it was a lot of fun. I have goals to create other products that revolve around personal finance. This one was definitely a good learning experience.
I have learned so much over the last four years when it comes to writing about personal finance and just how blogging in general works. It’s been a lot of work but more importantly it’s been a log of FUN! I feel so luck to be able to have this platform to be able to spread my message to other women about personal finance.
Thanks for reading, I couldn’t do it without you and the support you give me!!!!